Since I arrived to Kuwait I’ve been extremely tempted to try to cook salmon, because salmon is my favorite seafood. I’ve been looking for many recipes and I wanted to try many methods, I just knew I wanted something delicious and I want my fish to be fresh especially that I’m here and Gulf seafood is famous.
I found this amazing recipe on YouTube that I enhanced. This is a simple way to prepare Salmon that is guaranteed to be moist and delicious. You could even use different herbs and seasoning if desired.
I buy a whole piece of salmon and cut it into fillets into equal sizes, what’s beautiful about salmon is that it doesn’t have that sickening fishy smell.
- Salmon Fillets (as much as you need, I serve two slices per person, the normally found salmon serves 3 so I buy two)
- 2 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced (or more, because I like to drizzle not place artistically)
- 2 Lemons, thinly sliced (3 slices per fillet)
- 3 Green Onions, Sliced (or more, because I like to drizzle not place artistically)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3/4 tsp Pepper
- 2 Tbls Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Place each Salmon filet on a separate sheet of Aluminum foil-approx 8×8 square
- In a bowl, I pour olive oil, add salt and pepper and mix, with a brush I brush each piece of salmon lightly.
- Drizzle each slice with your mix of garlic and onions than add your pieces of lemon slices
- Wrap and bake for 25 minutes, until the salmon starts oozing white water.
- Allow fish to cool after removing from oven for 1 minute and serve.
I like to serve my salmon with arugula salad, a famous salad back home, and this is my recipe:
- olive oil
- fresh mushroom
- You either cut the arugula in large chunks or separate and use leafs, put that aside
- cut an onion into half circles like crescents add in the serving bowl
- drizzle olive oil, add salt, sumac and a splash of black pepper
- add your leafs of arugula to the mix
- cut your mushrooms into large slices
- mix and serve (it’s delicious! But sadly, I don’t have a photo, if I do soon I’ll update the post.)