A year or so ago, I received my first Liebster Award nomination but I was going through a phase and I didn’t respond. This award is for bloggers online, the word Lienster comes from German origins which means: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, etc… in short it means, receiving an award for the loveliest blog.
I’m not sure what winning such award entitles but I’m in. I want to thank the two lovely ladies that nominated me last year and this year: Amriaa’s blog and Drown in Melancholy. Two beautifully composed blogs, I would surely recommend and nominate.
If I was painted/sketched right now, that would be me smiling and writing on my white desk.
The rules for participating are as follows:
- Share 10 facts about yourself
- Answer 10 questions set to you
- Come up with 10 more questions
- Nominate 10 other bloggers to take part
10 Facts About Dana Al-Basha
- My name is Dana Al-Basha. I’m 27 years old going on 28 in August 6.
- Number 6 seems to be my lucky number. I was born in August 6, 1986. On 6 O’Clock.
- I live in Jordan, we are originally from Palestine. We lived like gypsies for a few years when I was young because of war and politics in the Arabic world. Which makes me very opinionated and patriotic.
- I’m a family person. I love my family and I cherish my time with them. I can’t wait to have a family of my own. In my opinion, the larger the family the better.
- My love for the written word started from my first memories of books. My mom used to read for me and my brother constantly and even create stories for us and letting us take part and sometimes act them. I guess that’s where I started loving to write. I can’t like a house or a place that doesn’t have books, I can’t be at ease. A person with no passion for knowledge seems dangerous to me.
- I’m Muslim and for the past few years I feel more attached to this fact then I was when I was born. I no longer take knowledge as I receive it, I love to research, read, think and decide on my own. I am a thinker and I’m proud to be a Muslim girl. I love praying and my time with Allah, my faith is my strength.
- I love fashion, clothes, shoes, accessories… and I’m thankful that I was born a girl, so I can enjoy wearing dresses and strutting in heels… if it were to me, I would wear dresses every single day. With as many colorful fabrics and original styles as possible.
- I’m an eyeliner girl. I love to emphasis my dreamy eyes and make them look brighter with a glint of a naughty charm. There is always red lipstick and gloss in my bag and perfume is essential. I take so much care of my appearance and hygiene.
- I’m obsessed with anything related to Jane Austen and Wallis Simpson. I have a need to read history and learn as much as I can about anything or anyone I find interesting but only few become an addiction.
- The day I decided to create this blog was the luckiest turn of events in my life. Who knew that following your passion and heart could turn a hobby into a career? I thank God for bestowing upon me the gift of the written word and I want to thank all my readers and followers, you make my day brighter all the time. Thank you.
I’m a girl with long hair, every time I cut my hair I get depressed, I love tea as well, especially with mint and sage.
10 Questions Set by Drown in Melancholy
- Who is your favorite author? Difficult one. I have many. But I’ll pick Stephenie Meyer. Her Twilight saga books changed my life and her story is close to mine, I dream stories all the time.
- If you could choose a celebrity as your boyfriend/husband who would it be? Can they be fictional? LOL, mmm, let’s see, I have many such as Royals, dead and alive and imaginary characters. If I have to pick one I would pick Richard Armitage, I love his voice, I just watched the last kissing scene in North & South, he’s to melt over.
- What do you like most about blogging? It feels like a mix between a public diary and keeping history of every day’s life. I love writing even about nonsense it feels like practicing a hobby until the real deal is done. You know, finish a book and publishing it.
- Have you already blogged somewhere else before starting this blog? Yes, I had two or three blogs, but I wasn’t as serious as I am now about this one. This one is my baby.
- Where was the last place you traveled to? Lebanon.
- What is your favorite alcoholic beverage? I don’t drink. But if you asked me about my favorite beverage the answer would probably be tea.
- What’s your favorite cake? I’m not a sweet-loving-person, but I guess chocolate cake. I love making cake though.
- What was your favorite subject at school? Literature, creative writing and history… oh and art class.
- What kind of cell phone/smartphone are you using? Samsung Galaxy S4.
- Japanese Food or Italian Food? Which one do you like better? I love both but pasta is probably my favorite dish, in any form or with any sauce, so Italian.
Some books just take you places that would never exist but in the pages of a book. I really have a HUGE urge to travel and see the world, this urge grows more profoundly from reading my dear books.
10 Questions to the Nominated Bloggers
- Where are you from?
- What is your blog mainly about?
- Do you think your blog is sending a positive message in the internet?
- What is the main point for blogging to you? Is it for fun or for building a career?
- Beside blogging and writing, what other skills do you possess?
- What is the book you’ve read and changed your life?
- What inspires you?
- What kind of job do you have at the moment?
- How did you come up with your blog’s title?
- Why do you want to win this award?
I’m a girl of colors, I love colors, flowers, pink and happiness. I like to spread happiness just as I walk by any door.
10 Blogs/Bloggers Nominated by Dana’s Sanctuary
- Amriaa’s blog
- Drown in Melancholy
- Rethinking Nasserism
- Cheeks & Heels
- Confessions of a Hawaiian Princess: One Woman’s Journey to Greater Health
- About Fashion and Travel
- Vintage Reflection
- A Pretty Penny
- The Domestic Man
Let’s not forget: long hair, manicure, sunglasses, accessories and oh RINGS!